A Mother's Love: Celebrating Kayson's 11th Birthday
Today, my precious son Kayson turns 11 years old. As I sit here reflecting on the journey we've shared, I'm overwhelmed with emotions. From the moment he was born, Kayson has been a fighter, and his story is one of resilience, hope, and the power of a mother's love.
I remember the day Kayson was born like it was yesterday. I was only 34 weeks pregnant, and my pregnancy had been complicated by preeclampsia. My blood pressure had skyrocketed, and I was rushed to the hospital for an emergency delivery. The magnesium they gave me to prevent seizures and stabilize my blood pressure made me feel numb and disconnected from the world around me.
The first time I held Kayson, it was only for a brief moment. He was whisked away to the NICU, and I was left with only pictures to gaze at. My heart was shattered into a million pieces. I felt like a part of me had been ripped away.
The days that followed were some of the darkest of my life. I struggled with depression, panic attacks, anxiety, and worries that seemed to consume me whole. Leaving Kayson in the hospital every day was devastating. I felt like I was abandoning him, like I was failing him as a mother.
But despite the overwhelming fear and uncertainty, I held on to hope. I held on to the love I had for Kayson, and the knowledge that he was strong and capable. And I held on to the support of my loved ones, who surrounded me with love, encouragement, and prayers.
Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Kayson came home on New Year's Day. And as I looked into his eyes, I knew that everything was going to be okay.
Today, as I look at Kayson, I'm amazed by the strong, confident, and compassionate young man he's becoming. You'd never know that he was premature, that he spent weeks in the NICU fighting for his life. He's a testament to the power of resilience, to the human spirit's ability to overcome even the most daunting challenges.
So today, as we celebrate Kayson's 11th birthday, I want him to know how proud I am of him. I want him to know that I love him more than words can express, and that I'm honored to be his mother.
Happy birthday, Kayson. May your day be filled with joy, laughter, and all your favorite things. I love you, baby.
Love you always π©΅π
Mommaπ«Άπ»

Comments
Post a Comment