I tried to hold you


I tried to hold you, but you vanished like a flame,

Leaving only shadows, an eternal, hollow pain.

The wind it howls, a mournful sigh, as I grasp at the air,

Desperate to reclaim what's lost, to show you I care.


Life's cruel tides swept you away, leaving me to atone,

For the moments I couldn't stay, the times I was unknown.

The clock ticks on, a heartless beat, as I relive the past,

Haunted by the memories that forever will last.


The weight of my powerlessness presses upon my chest,

A constant reminder of love's fragility, its eternal test.

If love were enough to bridge the divide, you'd be here by my side,

But even love's pure flame can't conquer death's dark, endless tide.


Now, your memory stays, a bittersweet refrain,

Echoes of laughter, tears, and all the joy and pain.

You are the silence in the storm, the calm within my strife,

A gentle whisper reminding me that love transcends this life.


Though I couldn't save you, and the ache remains,

I'll honor your light, a beacon in the darkness that sustains.

Grief settles, an unwelcome guest, but love's brave, steadfast heart

Finds solace in the memories, a bittersweet work of art.


In every tear that falls, your presence softly stays,

A haunting melody that whispers, "Love never fades away."

This longing, a testament to love's enduring, mighty force,

Transcends mortality's cold grasp, forever holding its course.


  Ashley Marie 💜🖤 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somethin Brewing

Dark Depths

Sexual Dreams & the Programming of the Mind