I Learned

I learned a very long time ago 
To keep things buried deep inside 
Things you just don't talk about
The little secrets that we hide
I learned to be silent
How to bear my pain alone
I learned to rely on no one 
That I was pretty much on my own 
I learned to turn my emotions off
When it got too painful to feel 
I learned to put on a happy face
And pretend that I was real
I learned to become invisible that my feelings didn't matter 
I learned to die a little more until my life began to shatter, but then I learned to tell my story my written words, became my voice 
I learned to take my power back that I wasn't left without a choice.

This is where I left it I wrote this poem back in 2022 of October & I put my Journal up out of sight. Around this time I was going to a Therapist 2022 would be 2 yrs. I was learning to heal my inner child and to move past my childhood trauma πŸ’” I was verbally, mentally, emotionall abused. by ... not gonna say. my childhood wasn't all flowers and cupcakes. Bit seeing this poem brought me to tears because I felt this. I'm 100% my true self today but back then wow. I had and still have no friends so I was alone felt alone and trying to break this was my choice. So Friday ♥️  I added to this poem. I hope you like it. 


I learned to confront the shadows of my past,
To face the ghosts that I had tried to forecast.
I learned to heal, to mend, to slowly repair,
The pieces of my heart, the fragments of my care.
I learned to rise up, to take my stand,
To use my voice, to make my words expand.
I learned to love myself, to let go of the pain,
To find my strength, to rise above the shame.
I learned to listen to my heart, to trust my soul,
To accept myself, to make myself whole.
I learned to let go of the secrets, the lies, the fears,
To find my truth, to dry my tears.
I learned to hold on to hope, to never give up the fight,
To keep on moving forward, even in the darkest night.
I learned to find my resilience, to rise above the pain,
To learn from my mistakes, to love again.


I love yall!! ❤️ Thanks for reading my creativity & staying with me, I hope something of mine touches you in some way. πŸ€˜πŸ»πŸ’‹πŸ–€

Ashleysmashley πŸ’‹πŸ––πŸ»


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somethin Brewing

Dark Depths

Sexual Dreams & the Programming of the Mind