The Old Mansion's Dark Secret




As I sat in my dimly lit room, surrounded by the relics of a bygone era, I couldn't help but feel a chill run down my spine. The old, worn photograph in my hand seemed to stare back at me, its subjects' eyes gleaming with a malevolent intensity.


The picture, which I'd found tucked away in the attic of my family's ancestral mansion, depicted a group of people standing in front of the very same house. But it was the figures themselves that sent shivers down my spine.


There was the tall, gaunt man with sunken eyes, his face twisted into a cruel grin. Next to him stood a woman with a beauty that was both captivating and terrifying. Her eyes seemed to bore into my soul, and I could swear I saw a flicker of movement in her gaze.


But it was the children who really caught my attention. They were gathered around the woman's skirts, their faces pale and drawn. One of them, a little boy with a look of abject terror in his eyes, seemed to be staring directly at me.


I felt a cold sweat break out on my forehead as I realized that the picture was taken in the late 1800s – a time when my family's mansion was still young. But it was the date scribbled on the back of the photograph that made my blood run cold:


"December 24, 1899. The night the children disappeared."


I tried to shake off the feeling of unease, telling myself it was just a silly old legend. But as I looked around the room, I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched.


And then, I heard the whispers.


At first, they were just faint murmurs, but they quickly grew louder and more urgent. I could make out words, phrases, and sentences – all spoken in a language I couldn't understand.


The whispers seemed to be coming from all around me, echoing off the walls and ceiling. I felt like I was being surrounded, closed in on by some malignant force.


Suddenly, the lights flickered and died, plunging the room into darkness. I was alone, surrounded by the oppressive silence of the old mansion.


And then, I saw them.


The figures from the photograph were standing in front of me, their eyes glowing with an otherworldly light. The woman's gaze was fixed on me, her eyes burning with an intense, malevolent energy.


I tried to scream, but my voice was frozen in my throat. The figures began to move closer, their eyes fixed on me with an unspeakable hunger.


And then, everything went black.


When I came to, I was lying on the floor, the photograph still clutched in my hand. The room was quiet, the lights were back on, and the figures were gone.


But the memory of that night has stayed with me, haunting my dreams and filling my waking hours with a sense of creeping dread.


I know what I saw that night, and I know that the old mansion holds secrets that are better left unspoken.


So, if you ever find yourself driving past our mansion on a dark and stormy night, be sure to keep your eyes on the road and your foot on the gas.


For in that house, the past is very much alive – and it's waiting for you.


I hope you like this this was my best one thus far. I had a dream similar to this and I wrote everything in my sleep journal. 


Love yall

Ashley Marie 👽👻 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somethin Brewing

Dark Depths

Sexual Dreams & the Programming of the Mind