Poem for him πŸ’•




When I tell you that you are the sun to me,

I don't mean the sun in mid-July,

When everything feels warm and you have to squint your eyes.

I mean the sun in the dead of winter,

When I haven't seen the clouds part in weeks,

When I've felt cold for so long that it feels normal to be numb.


But then you arrive from behind my overcast sky,

And remind me what it is to feel light,

To feel warmth seep into my bones,

And my heart, once frozen, begins to beat.


So when I say that you are the sun to me,

I don't mean to sound clichΓ©,

It's just that before you, my skies were always gray,

My days a never-ending, dull display.


But you brought color to my world,

A warmth that spreads, a love that's unfurled,

You chased the shadows away,

And lit the path for brighter days.


With you, my winter days are filled with light,

My soul takes flight, and everything's alright,

Your presence thaws my frozen heart,

And I feel alive, a brand new start.


In your warmth, I find my way,

Through darkness and dismay,

You are my sun, my guiding light,

My beacon in the darkest night.


Ashley Marie πŸ« πŸ’–πŸ’œπŸ©΅


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somethin Brewing

Dark Depths

Sexual Dreams & the Programming of the Mind