Shards Of Heartache

 

My heart is shattered, like fallen glass

Every piece a memory, a moment that won't last

Your touch, your voice, your laugh, your tears

All echoes now, haunting me for years


In empty rooms, I hear your whisper low

A ghostly reminder of what we used to know

The ache within me, a hollowed space

Longing to be filled, with your warm, gentle face


Tears fall like rain, as I wander alone

Searching for solace, a place to call home

But every door I open, leads to more pain

A bittersweet reminder, of love in vain


My soul is shattered, like fallen leaves

Every fragment a piece, of what we used to breathe

The memories we made, the laughter we shared

Now taunt me, like a cruel, heartless snare


In the silence, I hear your heartbeat still

A rhythm that once synchronized, with the beat of mine

But now it's just a whisper, a fading refrain

A reminder of what's lost, what can never be regained


Oh, the weight of heartbreak, it's crushing me

A heavy burden, I'm struggling to be free

From the chains of sorrow, that bind me tight

A prisoner of love, lost in the dark of night


I relive the moments, the highs and the lows

The way you smiled at me, the way my heart glows

But like a fleeting dream, you vanished away

Leaving me with nothing, but a shattered day


I'm searching for answers, in the stars up high

A reason for the pain, a reason why

But the silence is deafening, the darkness is vast

And I'm left with only tears, to forever last


In this desolate landscape, I'm lost and alone

A stranger in my own skin, a heart turned to stone

I'm trying to find my way, through the darkest night

But your absence is a shadow, that follows me like a light


Every sunrise brings, a new wave of pain

A reminder of what's gone, what can never be regained

Every sunset brings, a longing in my eyes

A yearning for your touch, a love that never dies


In the mirror's reflection, I see a stranger's face

A person worn and weary, from the weight of time and space

I'm trying to hold on, to the memories we made

But like sand between fingers, they slip away


I'll hold on to the memories, though they bring me pain

For in them, I'll find solace, a love that remains

Though it's just a fragment, a piece of what's past

It's all I have left, of the love that will forever last


In this endless night, I'll search for the light

A guiding star, to lead me through the fight

But for now, I'm trapped, in this sea of pain

Drowning in sorrow, with no escape to gain


Time may heal the wound, but the scar will remain

A reminder of the love, the joy, the pain

And though I'll learn to live, with this heartbreak's weight

I'll never forget the love, the love that wasn't fate.


Ashley Marie 🩵🖤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somethin Brewing

Dark Depths

Sexual Dreams & the Programming of the Mind