When God Restored the Voice That Trauma Tried to Steal



There are moments in life that try to break you — & then there are moments when God steps in & begins to rebuild you from the inside out. This milestone is one of those moments for me.

Recently, I woke up in the middle of the night unable to move, unable to speak, & overwhelmed by fear. It felt like something was pressing on me, holding me down, & trying to silence me. I tried to say “stop,” tried to call for help, but the words wouldn’t come out. When I finally broke free & woke fully, I sat still, gathered myself, & then spoke the only name that has ever brought me out of darkness:

Jesus.

I rebuked the fear.

I cast out the heaviness.

I covered myself in the blood of Christ.

& peace returned.

But the moment stayed with me — because it touched a wound I’ve carried since I was a young woman.


🌿 A Wound I Never Asked For

When I was a teenager, A guy I dated & trusted gave me alcohol I had never had before. I was taken advantage of, & nine more people were brought into the situation. I was overpowered, silenced, & treated like I didn’t matter.

No woman plans for that.

No girl deserves that.

No survivor should ever carry the shame of someone else’s sin.

For years, that moment stole my voice.

It stole my confidence.

It stole my ability to cry out for help.

It stole me being passionate toward my husband 

It made me believe silence was safer than speaking.

But God never left me there.


πŸ”₯ The Night Everything Shifted

That night, when I woke up unable to speak, it felt like the past was trying to reach into my present. But this time, I wasn’t that powerless girl anymore.

This time, I fought back.

This time, I called on Jesus.

This time, I stood in the authority God has given me.

This time, fear didn’t win.

What once silenced me now awakened me.

What once broke me now reminded me of how far I’ve come.

What once defined me now fuels my purpose.


πŸ’› What God Spoke to My Heart

In the quiet after the fear lifted, I felt God speak to me:

“I am restoring your voice.”

“You are not powerless anymore.”

“Your story will set others free.”

“You are not what happened to you — you are who I created you to be.”

This wasn’t just a nightmare.

It was a spiritual turning point.

A reclaiming.

A breaking of old chains.

A reminder that the enemy cannot silence what God has redeemed.


🌸 A Message for Every Woman Who Has Sexual Assaulted

If you’ve ever been taken advantage of…

If you’ve ever been silenced…

If you’ve ever been afraid to tell your story…

If you’ve ever felt ashamed of something that was never your fault…

Hear me:πŸ’ž

I see you. I hear you.

You are not alone.

You are not dirty.

You are not broken beyond repair.

You are not to blame.

You are not forgotten.

Your voice matters.

Your healing matters.

Your story matters.

& God sees every tear you’ve cried in silence.

There is no shame in surviving.

There is no shame in speaking.

There is no shame in healing.

You are worthy of love, safety, & restoration.


πŸ•Š️ Declaration of Freedom

I declare that my voice belongs to God.

I declare that what was meant to destroy me will be used to deliver others.

I declare that fear has no authority over my life.

I declare that shame has no place in my story.

I declare that I am a survivor, a warrior, and a daughter of God.

I declare that my story will help other women rise.

This is my milestone.

This is my healing.

This is my testimony.

This is my voice — restored, redeemed, & rising.


I haven't told anyone this but only to those that know. My theorist, I recently talked to my mom, & my brothers about it. They remember that night as well they had to come get me. My husband knew about it just at the time he didn't know it was me till our friend told him. We weren't together at the time & I was a Senior in High School I was 19-yr old when this happened. He did get knocked up for some time & he got out two years ago. I have faith & believe that God will heal me from this & restore my soul. 


I love yall

peace, love & Rocketship's ✌πŸ»πŸ©·πŸ‘½πŸš€

Ashley MarieπŸ’‹

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somethin Brewing

Dark Depths

Sexual Dreams & the Programming of the Mind